Never in my mind could I have imagined how overwhelmed and busy I would be this semester. I've now become apathetic about anything related to the wedding, because I don't have time to figure it all out. And then trying to coordinate my schedule to do wedding stuff the week of Thanksgiving? Forget it...I don't care, I'm ready to elope!
Halloween weekend Steve came in to town...I picked him up Thurs night in DSM, and then we met up w/Gabe, Joelle, Wild Shea, Branden, and Elise @ Stomping Grounds. I was feeling happy after one glass of some type of ale - definitely more alcoholic than your average can of Coors Light!
We went to the Big O Friday...and no one except Steve's dad knew Steve was coming into town. His lil sisters were relatively unphased by his sudden appearance...but we got his mom good! Karissa runs out when she gets home from work with his birthday cards that should have been mailed (but Jeff took out of the mailbox)...so Liz gets really upset, walks in the house, and finds her baby boy sitting on the couch. She flipped out!
Saturday was spent playing Donkey Konga and getting wedding invites wax sealed...Steve gave himself 2 blisters after he dripped firey wax on his hand (they still look nasty over a week later BTW).
Saturday night Tinkerbelle & Peter Pan made an appearance @ Abbie & Sarah's (friends of mine from CC) Halloween kegger. We definitely got points for creativity, though if I had more time, the costumes would have been much more spectacular.
Sunday was church, then I ran away for my final wedding dress fitting. Everything is kosher, and they showed my mom how to bustle up my train. Very pretty! ;)
Monday I had to work and go to class, but the rest of the afternoon was spent cuddled up on the futon w/Steve. Apparently my car died in the morning as he was making his way to the post office to mail invites... Thus, not trusting the car, Gabe & Joelle gave Steve a ride down to the airport...Wilson is more reliable, since he's a baby.
We ate @ IHOP in Ankeny on our way back and the waiter kept calling me sweetie...very disturbing.
Tuesday & Wednesday were busy w/school stuff...
Then I got to leave Thursday to fly out to LA for an interview w/Deloitte & Touche. The office visit was fun, and I should know soon if I have a job. Crossing my fingers, wishin' and hopin' and prayin'...for a job!
I was able to stay in LA w/Steve for the weekend...we went out on Friday night w/one of his co-workers Will and Will's soon-to-be-fiancee Karla. Both are very fun and sweet, with the element of nerdiness that I love! We went to see the Incredibles, didn't get there soon enough and were forced to sit in the third row. Very uncomfortable through the movie, straining to look up at the screen...while trying to not fall asleep after such a long day and CPK-induced food coma.
Saturday...we spent all morning playing Donkey Konga (yes, I love this video game!), and finally got motivated enough to head to the mall. We grabbed some ColdStone before heading to Steve's soccer game...the little punks are funny, and are actually pretty good @ soccer. Now if Coach Steve could keep them motivated enough to play the whole game, he would be successful! ;) There's one kid on his team who I think Karissa should date...yep, honey, go ahead & dump Josh for this golden blonde California soccer player! He's super cute, and seems really sweet...
My flight back was fairly boring, except for the annoying fashionistas from New York or somewhere that kept freaking out about only have 45 minutes to connect to their next flight. I kept thinking that maybe if they had worn comfortable and practical clothes, it would make the brisk walk through the terminal more efficient...maybe even allow for a stop in the bathroom before boarding their new plane. But what do I know? I'm just a classic, conservative dresser from the Midwest who was appalled by the gold sequin purse and army pants of the one female.
So far today, I've sent out several thank you emails to the people @ Deloitte, and went to my first class of the day. I've researched a little bit for my diversity mgmt class, so that I have something prepared for our group meeting tomorrow. And now I need to run to the MU for some food...I'm super hungry from yesterday still (the turkey sandwich on the plane wasn't impressive - I ate my brownie instead).
Wow, welcome back to reality/craziness!
Happy Monday!
0 people left me some love:
Post a Comment