CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saturday Crafting

In between watching LOTR movies, I cut out the pieces for 2 new handbags:And since I wasn't sure if I was ready to completely fuss with the expensive Belgium linen Winter Foxes fabric, I decided to make the butterflies my prototype bag using the Manhattan Handbag pattern I bought a few months ago and haven't gotten around to using yet.

I think it turned out super cute. I'm surprised by how big it is, the pieces seemed small when I was cutting them. I used Stiffy, the really bad Timtex substitute, but at the time I bought it, Timtex was no where to be found...and I wasn't really wanting any of the other substitute items. And you know what - it's worked out okay so far. Granted, the bag hasn't been washed, so I don't know what's going to happen there. I'm hoping this butterfly bag is already spoken for...cuz otherwise I might keep it for myself (it coordinates with my owly backpack tote). For my Winter Foxes bag, the lining and side/bottom pieces are going to be a gray micro-cord. I'm excited to make the bag - the 1st went together VERY quickly once I got all of the pieces cut out (and fleece/decor bond ironed).
And in a completely random ending to this post, this is the shirt I got today when Steve & I went to Disneyland (actually the shirt was bought in California Adventure, but whatever):


We're on a mission to find a "I'm with Dopey" shirt for him to wear - they had one, but it was women's shirt, so that wasn't going to work. The other alternative is to find him a "I'm Grumpy" shirt, to go along with his Grumpy hat (and my "I Heart Grumpy Guys" hat). Supposedly, the shirt exists, but we didn't find it.

3 people left me some love:

MichelleB said...

Cute bag! I love the fox fabric, too.

Just Me said...

Love that fabric for the bag, so so cute!

P.S. TO get the OWL key thingy's just click on the other key thingys they do show in a search and you will get the other kinds, and owls are one of them!

Anonymous said...

Cute butterfly fabric! And I LOVE that shirt. Good luck finding a coordinating one!