...what I will be like when I become a mother. I really hope I'm not like the crazy lady @ Target today, who had stopped the stroller in the middle of one of the main aisles to coo at her baby and take photos, while her toddler walked around the stroller, trying to figure out what was going on. And by coo, I mean that really oohey-gooey goochie-goochie-goo kind of cooing. I was looking at her like she was an alien life form.
At the moment, I view my cats as my children, and I love them to death. And I will probably someday become the crazy cat lady (as predicted by my brother). But I don't do any of that overly excessiving cooing crap with them...so hopefully that stays the same way with kids...
In fact, I want to make a declaration.
I, Michelle, will not become one of those mothers I despise. I will talk to my child in a normal voice, except when I need to soothe/calm the child. There will be no goochie-goochie-goos uttered from these lips (unless I'm mocking someone). This I declare!
Alrighty, now back to the business of eating my Healthy Choice steamer, the resultant purchase from Target.
P.S. Dear Lord, please help me keep my declaration true!
EDIT 40 minutes later - email from my mom: Why you think you turned out so smart?Your mama never coochie cooed you thats why!
Love......Mom
Now I know - my mom's lack of coos are solely responsible for my intelligence! ;)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sometimes I wonder...
Labels: Foxy happenings
3 people left me some love:
Amen sister. But, easier said than done.
LOL I totally agree with Dana! There will be times when you just have to coo, because they are so. darned. cute. However, the middle of the aisle of Target is probably not the greatest place to do it. You just have to balance the coos with real speech. Then, when they start talking back to you, you'll be wishing you'd coo'd to them all of their lives! LOL
Yeah, talk to your human being offspring like it is a human being.
You're fighting the good fight.
But what did Mom do to me that made me turn out like I did?
Post a Comment