**Michelle's note: This post is generated from the fact that Wells Fargo charged us a $7 fee for online bill pay, a service we definitely don't use. We actually use ING for the bulk of our banking transactions, and only keep a small amount of cash @ WF. We keep WF for credit report purposes plus the convenience of getting cash from the ATMs. The resulting post from Steve describes his phone call to get the fee removed. Normally, I do not get this much anger (aka profanity) from him, he was apparently very ticked off. I apologize in advance for the profanity, you have been warned!**
F*** WF, what a pain in my a**. Called WF, first lady couldn't help me, then transfered me to the online banking customer service... the lady then grills me to see if I am who I say I am... She asks me when the last transaction was and for the amount... I tell her the damn bill pay date and amount, she tells me thats wrong... Then I tell her I'm looking at my account online and since she told me I was wrong I tell her the next to last transaction... which she says ok. Then she asks for my last deposit date and amount, I tell her that. Then she asks for my account number... which I don't have memorized because I have too many other things... but I offer my social, which she takes. Then she tells me she can't verify my identity off of all that info... at which point I'm like ask me a few more questions... here is my address, I tell her about the other people on my account... then she asks me what month and year I opened the account. WTF!!! I tell her 2000, but how the hell do I remember what month? So by now I'm a little ticked... and I ask her what month and year she opened her account... my god... So I say fine, hold on I have an idea of how I can figure my account number... I retrieve one of the scanned checks online... and magically that verifies who I am... just remember, I already told I WAS LOOKING AT MY ACCOUNT ONLINE... dumb b****. Then she says, well I show here you signed up for it in July... I say, if I signed up for it why would I not know about it? I ask her to take it off... then she says, well do you know what bill pay is? Uh, duh... yeah, I know what it is, and I didn't sign up for it, so take it off. Then she says ok, but still passively accuses me of signing up for it, because the "only way the service starts is if you request online, via phone, or in person at a branch". Then, even though she can obviously tell I'm a little irritated, she asks me if I'd like to sign up for a savings... to which I reply, until you start offering 3.5% annual return, no thanks... then she slips in well we have one year CDs... like thats even a good deal... give me a break, then I lock my money up and don't have access to it. Blah!
Friday, November 07, 2008
A Guest Post from Steve
Labels: Steve
1 people left me some love:
We closed our WF accounts because of the people at WF on the phone.
Post a Comment