...of my home state, Nebraska. You see, I think Nebraska has it all figured out in terms of awarding electoral votes... Read more here, and I think you'll see what I mean. The irony, of course, is that Nebraska rarely doesn't vote Republican across the board (for the president, at least), so this great system of allocated electoral votes normally doesn't make a difference in total. But this time it did! I'm thankful Barack was the clear cut winner this election, and we don't have to deal with the same scrutiny that took place in 2000 & 2004, but I still believe that there are still elections reforms needed, allocated electoral votes included!
I wrote a paper about this very topic back in late 2000 for my freshman English class...I should see if I can find it, and post it up here.
2 people left me some love:
Oh yes! I read about that this morning. It's a great thing as far as I'm concerned. It's really to bad that more states don't function the way that Nebraska and Maine do. I think it makes more sense. Let me tell you though, there are a lot of Republicans that are not sleeping as soundly tonight. It's a good thing.
I talked about this very thing on a message board recently.
Why not make every state have two electoral votes like every state has two senators.
Then split up the rest of them like the congressional districts. Seems like that would be more fair.
Although that's not what has given me all sorts of dilemmas about politics. That's a huge-ass blog that I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough to write.
But go Nebraska. Electing a liberal. Last election one of those sand-hill counties literally had 4 votes not for Bush.
Post a Comment