So I realize I posted about Sunday before I posted about Saturday, but I had to get the photos downloaded off the camera before I could do that. Just pretend this is my version of Back to the Future :)
Saturday started out normal...Steve ran the 6+ miles to the farmers market, I drove & met him over there (with a stop @ Joanns along the way to pick up backing fabric and thread for Snowman - I actually got out of that store spending less than $10!). Then we came home, and chilled... I get a call from Joelle, around noon-thirty, saying she's not going to do MouseAdventure on Sunday because the fires in Orange County were creating havoc on her lungs (severe asthma). I encourage her to think about coming to our place (we're further north, no hills really that close to us), we don't smell anything here, it's bright & sunny outside, blue skies are smiling, put on a happy face, all of that...
Two hours later, this is what it looks like outside:
Down the street:
The sunny afternoon has turned orange, from the smoke & haze in the air. Ash was falling, we closed all of the windows up in the apartment. We have lived in the South Bay for 4 years, and there have been a lot of fires in SoCal during that time... we have NEVER experienced anything like this, these fires were terrible! Plus, it was warm last weekend (almost 80), and uncomfortable with the windows closed up...
Poor Joelle stayed sequestered in her house all weekend. :(
0 people left me some love:
Post a Comment