CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cotton Blossoms

I like this line, but I'm not in love with it so completely that I feel compelled to buy more than I need to complete the projects I have going.


This is what I put together with the rest of my charm pack (coupled with the new fabrics I ordered from Fat Quarter Shop to complete my projects) - this happened Saturday, as I was sequestering myself from the bad air outside). I put together more of the charms, but couldn't cut them into Disappearing nine-patch as suggested, because I only had 15 charms for both the Orange/Brown and Red/Green colorways. So I stuck with plain & simple:
This is going to be a Christmas-y table runner that I'm gifting. The red is the backing fabric, the cream color is the border to put around the blocks.


Got a little fancier with the 8 charms I had from the aqua group - half-square triangles. The centers of my blocks are lined up perfectly...the triangles on the outside, not so much. Oh well. :-D I don't know what I'm going to do with these yet, but I have a half yard of the dot plaid print to play with. Maybe a tote for someone? Or maybe I'll make myself some mini-quilts to hang in my office @ work. I really need to do something about the ugly painting on the wall in there - as in, take it down, and put up something I would rather look at.

I need to iron fabric so I can cut & keep going on these projects. (BTW - you MUST say "iron" in your head exactly like John Travolta does as Edna Turnblad in Hairspray - makes me laugh every time!). Toodles!

0 people left me some love: