Tonight, Steve & I did a date night...we drove down the street to Hermosa Beach, grabbed a quick dinner at the Pita Pit (I always forget how much I like this place...we had one in Ames, and I was super excited to find one out here in SoCal), then headed to the Hermosa Beach Playhouse to see the "Reindeer Monologues." I can't describe it better than this article or this one, but I will tell you I laughed my arse off through most of the play. Sometimes I just laughed because I wasn't sure if any of the older crowd was getting all of the humor infused into the monologues. Cupid, the gay reindeer, was my favorite - he work pink cowboy boots (I want some like that!). :) So, if this production ever comes to your neck of the woods, and you can handle the satire, I would highly recommend it!
BTW - Steve & I were definitely among the youngest, if not the youngest, audience members at our tender age of 26... But I know this production would appeal the most of our demographic - they need to figure out how to market this stuff better!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Reindeer Monologues
Labels: Foxy happenings
0 people left me some love:
Post a Comment