So have I mentioned that I like these Twilight books?
I kept seeing this nonsense being posted up about these Twilight books on the blogs of women I knew were in their 30s & 40s... and also knew they were books for teenagers... and thought, seriously? Fortunately, I have a Kindle, and downloaded a sample from Twilight. I got about 5 pages in (there are usually 1-2 chapters in the free sample downloads), gave up and bought the 1st book, and pretty much didn't do anything for about 4 days straight while I plowed thru all 4 books. Then I read the released version of Twilight from Edward's point of view from Stephenie Meyer's website. Then a couple of weeks later, I re-read all 4 books again. And have been hopelessly devoted to all sorts of news about the movie. And I'm disappointed I most likely won't be in line @ the movie theater opening weekend, as I'm being a good friend, and waiting til there's a group of girlfriends all available to go watch together, 2 weeks after opening weekend. So yeah, you could say I'm a fan...
That's why I would be a happy recipient of this week's Weekend Winners contest...

1 people left me some love:
Now see, I'm one of those women in their 30's to 40's - okay, dammit, 40's, that could not get through them. I barely made it through the first one, even though my 12 year old really wanted me to get through it. I have two girlfriends though (in the above-mentioned age range) that are plowing through them. And I will be one of those people seeing it on the first day - going with my daughter and one of the afore mentioned girlfriends.
Post a Comment