CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mr. Snowman


He's done! I finally finished up the binding on him last night. I was having total mental issues (and google search issues) and couldn't figure out how to do continuous seam binding (so there's no overlap of the binding strips). Finally found something that showed me in a book last night, but then had to do it 4 times...yes, 4 times, before I got the pieces sewed together properly! My brain just doesn't work that way sometimes...and especially with solid fabrics that don't have right/wrong sides. Michelle (my LA blogger name twin) sent me a link this morning to this tutorial, which is exactly what I was trying to do.
For the quilting, I ended up busting out the walking foot, and quilted straight-line spiral through the middle of each piece. This seems to work, I still need to have a chat with the ladies at Luella's about free motion quilting.
Alrighty, guests just arrived, I gotta go! More later!

1 people left me some love:

MichelleB said...

Very cute! I'm sorry I was too late getting you the tutorial. It still came out great.