So it's been an exciting 2 weeks... a wedding, a new job, etc. But first, my 401(k) has only lost about 9.8% of its value since the end of August - OY! Still painful...but I am only 26, and this is the start of retirement funds for me...so I will not panic!
So anywho... as we were driving to Oktoberfest at Alpine Village on Saturday night, I realized I had neglected to tell some tales from my previous weekend back in Lincoln for my friend Abbie's wedding to Steve... Including the fact that my borrowed car from my mom's hubby Rob ended up being covered in cow shit/pee right before it went to said wedding. I guess a big semi trailer full of cows and their bodily emissions turned a corner too sharly, and everything slopped out besides the cows. So there were literally cars ahead of Rob sliding thru the shit/pee mess on the road. Thankfully, Rob, being the good guy he is, didn't want to inflict any of the smell torture on my in my fine clothes, and washed the car before he got home, whence I took off to pick up my friend Meryt. As Meryt & I drove back to her place, we stopped to pick up her baby & the dog from the babysitters. She asked if it was OK to have the dog in the car, and I giggled, saying that since the car was literally covered in shit earlier today, I didn't think the dog in the backseat was a big deal.
Yep, missed telling him that story... I got the hoo-hoo laugh out of him. :)
Last week, I also finished the project from hell - the Christmas tree skirt I started making last year in a class. I had shown up late for the class - who woulda thought I would be working until 8pm on a Friday?? Not I... So I got 2/3 of the piecing done in the class, tried to finish it at home, and got the measurements wrong. Still thought I would get it done relatively early in 2008, so I bought new fabrics for the final 1/3 over Christmas...and didn't touch them again until last week. I think I just want Christmas time to be here. And since the cat puked over the non-washable tree skirt last year (which we just had to pitch), I needed to get this done to ensure I would have a tree skirt this year. So I finished it off last week, and the thing is a monster - something like 54" across (haven't measured), and it was a bitch to sew the backing on - all the turning on the points, coupled with the circular design = not so fun sewing! But finally, it is done... and it is machine-washable. :-D I will post a photo later.
Last week, Steve & I went to Disneyland on Friday just for the novelty of it. It wasn't too crowded, although probably more than it should have been since the day was so nice. Friday night we watched more Freaks & Geeks, and the Big Lebowski. I had received it in from Netflix prior to going to Lincoln, so I had to laugh to see an article in my bro's Rolling Stone about the now cult classic film. Steve really enjoyed it (once again, the never smoked pot people really enjoying the stone movies/shows), and I drifted in & out as I was re-reading one of the Twilight books.
I started my new job yesterday as an accounting manager. So far, so good - you know, 1 1/2 days into it. But the people are super nice, and I have an office! What a trade - more pay, good hours, an office (not just 2 filing cabinet drawers to call my own). And I'm on a mission to bring my lunch to work, which shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. The closest decent place within a mile is Subway, and since I don't really like Subway, my plan is realistic. Good luck to me!
Ok, gotta leave my lunch break now (in my office). :)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Catching Up...
Labels: Disneyland, Foxy happenings
1 people left me some love:
Hey Michelle: Please e-mail me at calicodaisy (at) gmail (dot) com. Since I didn't have that many commenters on my holiday embroidery posting, I'm just going to make something for all the commenters. Looking forward to hearing from you. -- Michele
Post a Comment