CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monday Mail Scramble

As Monday was President's Day, and a no-mail day, I knew I needed to use Monday night to get some items ready to post today.


Up first, Katie's block for Pieced Together. This free-piecing business is a little crazy...but fun! I had to add in a few little bits from my own stash, I wasn't keen on using every last bit of red Katie sent.

As you may know by now, I spend a lot of time in my car, driving to work & back. And on these drives, I think about a bunch of random things. While driving, I came up with the plan to make a similar block to each block I do for Pieced Together. So here is my version of Katie's block:



Now all this free piecing business leads to a lot of starts & stops, so you can press your seams. So I was doing a lot of the leader/ender business, including piecing the borders of Steve's Rocket Scientist whirlygiggles quilt:

Seriously, those giant rockets are fantastic!


I also put a baggie full of selvedges in the mail for Sonya in Australia. My first time mailing international, so of course I didn't realize I needed to fill out a customs form! But now I know, which is a good thing, since I will be sending some FQs to Katy in the UK, as part of Darci's FQ swap.


And speaking of FQ swaps, Sew Mama Sew hosted another FQ swap. I signed up for 2 groups, so I'm sending 8 FQs. I got my swap partners today, and will mail in a couple of days. Here's a copy of the card I'm including in each package:

I made the card in Publisher using postcards I still had from save the dates from our wedding (so they are at least 5 years old @ this point, I sent the save the dates super early).

(Top to bottom, left to right) Flutterby, AMH Good Folks, Hoffman's Mercer St., AH Spotted Owl (x2), Valerie Wells Olive Rose, Heather Ross Lightning Bugs, and AMH Good Folks again.

4 people left me some love:

MichelleB said...

Fabulous swappings that you're sending! Love the blocks too.

Darci said...

I want those FQ that you are sending!!!! :)

our block are great and I agree that those rockets are awesome!

KittsKrafts said...

I just got my FQ today! It is so pretty! Thank you so much! I hope you love yours! =^..^=

Anonymous said...

Just got my FQ today! It's delightful and GREEN!! (I haven't seen green in my backyard for MONTHS).
Thank you so much!