This has to be the best article I've seen on CNN in a long time: Surprising stories behind 20 Muppet characters. The fact that Miss Piggy is from Iowa totally cracks me up!
This has to be the best article I've seen on CNN in a long time: Surprising stories behind 20 Muppet characters. The fact that Miss Piggy is from Iowa totally cracks me up!
Labels: Other randomness
1 people left me some love:
I was disappointed that it didn't give background for Grover's name. He is my favorite of the characters, and I worked for a man whose name is Grover, named for his father. He claimed that his father was the inspiration for the character of Grover -- he had a restaurant in upstate NY and the people from Children's Television Workshop visited during a retreat. They thought he was quite the character and asked to name a puppet after him. He was supposedly very much like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GOGNE0nWHk
I was hoping the article would corroborate the story!
Post a Comment