CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Follow-Up

...to my post earlier today - I downloaded some photos to share...

This is what the back of the new receiver looks like:
See, even Steve looks a little intimidated:
He got it all hooked up while I took a nap on Saturday afternoon.


This is what avoiding homework looks like tonight:

...xbox controller in hand.

And this is what my new B&W lap quillow is going to look like:
It's all quilted, I just need to put together the pillow part & attach, and then bind the quilt. But first, I need to wash the crunchy pillow/binding fabric to soften it up a little. I think this little quilt might qualify as my first stash-buster quilt - I'm using fabrics I bought with no specific purpose in mind (although I knew they would probably end up in the living room).

The front cheater cloth is this print from Marcus fabrics.
Ok, two things I need to vent about:
  • I hate blogger's spacing issues in most of my posts - even if you look @ the HTML code, and that looks OK, doesn't mean it will publish OK. Maybe at some point, I can convince Steve to help me figure out how to use my own host for a Word Press blog.
  • Second, I really don't understand the people who buy vowels on Wheel of Fortune when they know the puzzle. I end up yelling in frustration at the TV at least once each show for this very reason. Seriously people - $150 per vowel can knock a lot of your total!

3 people left me some love:

jimbobvaquero said...

Ask Steve for a link to the receiver. And maybe a diagram or flowchart to what is hooked up.

4 HDMI ports is nice.

jimbobvaquero said...

Thanks for the informative e-mail.

That whole thing with having one cable to the tv is sweet.

I do have the 805 and 705 on my amazon wishlist. For utilization pretty similar to what you guys were going for. Also on the wishlist, all those other components.

Darci said...

I love the all the black prints! It looks so great.