CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Baaacccckkkk!

My quilting mojo, that is...

Well, at least for these 11" squares, I was able to stipple without too many hang-ups. No weird tension/thread issues, skipping stitches, etc. I still have a tendency toward the tiny stitches, but as long as I remember to slow it down a bit, it seems to work OK.

*sighing with relief*

These blocks are destined to become a cute little sling bag...but whether I decide to make one or two bags is up in the air at this point.

Oh! And the answer to the question from the other day? What do rockets, owls, and mermaids all have in common?? They are all fabrics that I couldn't refuse from Fabricworm. I love ordering from Cynthia, because she's also in Cali, so I get my fabric next day. :) The rocket scientist fabric is going to become a wall-hanging (using Whirly giggles, perhaps?) for Steve's office, as he is truly a rocket scientist (aka - aerospace engineer). He told me that he thought that was a good idea - he can tell people his wife made it. I like that idea too!

And one more thing...Happy Inauguration Day!

1 people left me some love:

MichelleB said...

Cute squares! Okay, you have to tell me (well, no, actually. You really don't. LOL). Where does your husband work? Mine's in aerospace, too.