CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Best Beer...

Last night, we had a few friends over to celebrate Steve's birthday, and I hosted a blind beer tasting. I picked out 12 different fairly mainstream beers, poured a bunch of little 3 oz cups of beer, and let the masses have at it.



Here's what the fridge looked like - all 12 beers are hidden in the blue bags, and labeled as to their random serving order...there are 2 of most of the kinds in the bags, with the exception of 2 24-oz. cans and a 40 of Stella.



I created scorecards to rank 5 different attributes, and also had the tasters try to guess what they were tasting.

The winner as judged by Steve, Jason, Christina, Scott, Cory and Shannon:

FAT TIRE!

Followed closely tied in second place by: Alaskan Amber and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Tied for last place were MGD and Becks.

Happy tasting!

2 people left me some love:

MichelleB said...

Love Fat Tire, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. We'll have to try the Alaskan Amber.

Rey Kids said...

I see you have a lot of beer in the fridge.... looks more like a college fridge than a couple who's been married and working for what, almost 4 years now?!! :)