The prob w/Wendell is that I didn't get enough seam allowance going on him...so I think if I were to gift to any small child, he might be too "loved" and fall apart. Plus, I'm still not very good at all with stitching up the stuffing hole (I think there is a proper term for this, but I would have no idea), so my whip stitch (again, I think that's what I'm doing) is about all I have the patience to do with any amount of precision, and it shows (literally!).
I'm envious of those who are able to stitch...not a skill I have. I still have a WIP/UFO cross-stitch project floating around somewhere that was supposed to be a gift to my mom for Christmas 2006. And I have a completely unstarted cross-stitch project that was supposed to be for the guest bedroom (my Americana room)...the supplies are shoved behind my scrapbooking treasure trove. And on a completely random tangent, I really want to move, so I can pack up my apartment and see how much crap I need to get rid of...I'm sure I'll be the source of copious quantities of trash and Goodwill bags.
And I'm really envious of those who actually enjoy binding their quilts...because I view it as an entirely tedious process. I'm not sure I would actually pay someone to bind a quilt for me...I'm too cheap!
1 people left me some love:
Now I get it. Yeah, scant seam allowance could cause Wendell to have a blow-out. He really is cute though. You should just sit him on a self somewhere and admire him. Maybe start talking to him...become the crazy owl lady, you know, have a good old time. Juuuust kidding. :o)
I'm not much of a hand sewer. I'll admit it. If I can run it through a machine and get away with it, I will. You are a scrapbooker? I love to look at scrapbook pages but I can't do it myself. Not because my pages look bad, but for some reason I stress over them so much that it droves me nuts and I don't find it relaxing.
Eventually you'll get to some of those projects. Don't you think? I usually get to mine. However, now that I think about it, I do have a counted cross stitch project that I was supposed to do for Chris when he graduated from Dartmouth several years ago...oops. I just remembered that thing. His Mom bought it to do it and wimped out. How I got suckered into it, I'll never really know.
Did you try the Runzas yet?
Post a Comment