So I decided to put myself out there, and post up some previous Halloween pictures.
This one is from 2004 - I made my Tinkerbell costume & Steve's Peter Pan top and hat by myself...we dyed his tight-tights (remember...Robin Hood: Men in Tights??). Pretty awful sewing job if I do say so myself, but I was on a budget with both time & money. I borrowed a friend's Husqvarna, which used to belong to her grammy. And so the love affair with the Husqvarnas began - even though the machine was way to complicated for my pea-sized brain to use.
This is 2005 in Vegas...that's right, Vegas. Also Steve's birthday weekend. For whatever reason, I decided to be a blonde...no, not a blonde...the blonde: Marilyn Monroe. Costume purchased from Target. Steve's was more fun to put together. Notice the authentic black snow boots - my mom found @ Wally World back in Nebraska and sent out (I knew she could find 'em!). Rainbow Bright is my friend Carrie. Mental note Michelle - if you ever wear a similar outfit again, get a better bra!
2006: Princess Peach was the outfit that triggered my current love affair with sewing. I made this costume too, also very poor sewn (what's a 5/8" seam??? well, I didn't know, and had a split in the fabric on the seam from sliding into the booth at a restaurant prior to the party we attended). I borrowed Joelle's machine, and then a Husqvarna showed up under the tree at Christmas (and so began the quilting). For Mario's costume, my mom was again enlisted to help - she sent the overalls from a farm store. But the sizing was a little...small... Dunno why, but Steve was squeezed into those suckers. The funny thing about this party was the fact that there was a random Luigi there - we have a picture with him, but I'm not going to post it. Again, what is my deal with being blonde? I don't enjoy it, it doesn't work with my pale skin (my foundation is called "Alabaster Breeze" - so NOT appealing!).
2007: We didn't plan anything, we were going to go San Diego for Steve's birthday until the fires there last year spoiled that fun.
0 people left me some love:
Post a Comment