CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 08, 2008

Locks of Love

I decided back in August that I was going to grow my hair out to donate to Locks of Love...I certainly have enough hair, and even though I'm not really a fan of the thick mess going past the tops of my shoulders, I'm going to tough it out.

I haven't really had long hair since 6th grade...it was sort of long for my wedding, but I don't think I have any good pictures of exactly how long it was before I cut it back to chin length (my CA driver's license picture has a girl on it who only sort of resembles me - inevitably took the most horrible photo possible - she looks high in the picture, and that just isn't me at all - at least I know what I could look like high; I'm planning to retake the photo when I renew next year). Maybe I'll dig up a 4th/5th grade era photo to show my hair in it's full (and probably permed) glory...

I discussed my plan in September with Marili (pronounced Marley), my hair chick. She thought it would take me about a year, given how fast my hair grows, about 1" per month (normal is 1/2" per month). So now I'm due for a trim (and some shaping), and I think I have about 5" already...so yeah, 1" per month. I need 10" to send in, but I'm going to try for a full foot. The problem is that it will be totally thick & yucky during SoCal summer, so that's not that much fun.

OK, now that my intentions are out here in blog land, I have some incentive to follow through. :-D Updates to follow...

0 people left me some love: